Is it any good?

11/17/2010 04:29:00 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Well the first day was a little bumpy with a couple of broken links, but the hunters didn't seem too worried since they could jump around the trouble spots anyway.
Good thing: it's fun to jump around where the wim and the links take you.
Bad thing: it you wander off the path you can get a little lost and not know if you have been everywhere.
Maybe you need to lay down a trail of breadcrumbs ;)

So already you can see this hunt is once again a little different... ok, a lot different. But wait, there's more....
As with my last hunt, I invited some of the shops I came across in my travels, to be part of the hunt as I enjoyed their places for all sorts of reasons, and I thought others would too. Why is that so special? Well many are shops that have never been in hunts before so they can be a real treasure trove of new things. Another plus is that they are people that have responded well to the contacts I have made, and that usually shows a great generousity of spirit, in short, they are good people with good stuff.

Like the Diversity hunt last year, the shops in the hunt can change a bit from start to end, so even though you worked your way through the hunt in the first couple of days, you may want to have anouther look around the end, as it will be different. I say will be, as it already has changed from the first day. The broken links were fixed, some of the stores that appeared to not want to be in the hunt, finally got themselves organised, and then there is the couple of places that just joined from out of the blue.

One final thing, this time I invited galleries and artists to be a part of this hunt as these places are often in quiet out of the way places, and they can't afford the rent of the high exposure locations. I am sure many have noticed that a lot of places have become empty in sl, and if shops can't make it, how do you think artist survive? So I am hoping some of you find things you like in your travels and when you do you support the place you like, by buying something or making a small donation.

Well what are you waiting for? get out there and hunt.

0 comments: